• A full day of horizontal caving activity
• View underground rivers and waterfalls
• Learn about caving and geology
• Available on selected Saturdays throughout the year
It’s unusual, but we think you’ll love it - it’s horizontal caving in the Peak District! If you've never been caving before you'll be thrilled and fascinated by this this day out exploring an underground labyrinth with the careful guidance of expert instructors. First things first, you'll need to get kitted out in all the gear, which is a sturdy waterproof suit and boots, along with a helmet and head torch. Yes, this expedition means you'll be leaving the daylight behind for a weird and wonderful subterranean world that is only lit up by your own lamp. As you move through the caverns, you'll come across extraordinary displays of stalactites hanging from soaring cave roofs and stalagmites growing up from the floor and there are underground waterfalls and rivers which rise and fall according to the weather. This is a unique experience, combining some strenuous activity with the rewards of seeing rare sights far from the everyday world. Your course in the Peak District allows you to learn about the geology and the amazing way nature slowly forms these incredible sights over millions of years. All this will be explained to you by enthusiastic and knowledgeable guides as you move around. They will also tell you when to be prepared to come face to face with slippery or wet sections, as well as parts where you'll need to scramble or climb. There are various locations where caving takes place, but before you go on your underground voyage, you have to complete a safety briefing, where your guide will take you through the basics of how to move around comfortably through the caverns. You’ll learn all about how these fascinating environments that have taken ages to evolve their fantastic shapes, complete with crystal and clay formations. Those long slender stalactites, just able to support their own weight and solid, stumpy stalagmites arrayed across the rocky floor are just two types of calcite formations that may greet a visitor to this unique natural world. On this spectacular experience you may even encounter untrampled clay floors that remain as pristine as the day ancient floodwaters last receded. In fact it is a world that, whether you are the first to enter or not, will leave you with an unforgettable impression. This full day out in the Peak District is certainly out of the ordinary and there’s one way to find out if caving is for you, so go on, give it a go!
• A full day of horizontal caving activity • Welcome and safety briefing by highly experienced national qualified instructors over complimentary tea or coffee• Learn about caving, geology and find out how to move underground efficiently• View underground rivers and waterfalls• There may be minor climbs and scrambles in wet sections• An oversuit, boots, harness, helmet and head torches are provided• All other safety equipment such as ropes, ladders and emergency kits• You may be in a group of up to 12 people• Instructor participant ratio 1:8
Did you know you can give this
deal as a personalised gift voucher?
• Available on selected Saturdays throughout the year• Arrival is generally at 9:00 or 10:00• Courses finish around 16:30pm
Location: • Peak District, locations may vary within this area
Price checked & discount may take into account VoucherSpace Daily Deals Promos
May buy multiples.
Discount Is calculated Using the 'worth' of the item and the price at which VoucherSpace Daily Deals is selling it. P&P is not included in this calculation.